Despite Tanzania’s fast-growing economy, only a small portion of Tanzanian citizens own a car. However, car ownership has begun rapidly increasing, and dealers are taking note of the cars most people like to own.
What are the most popular cars in Tanzania? Here is a top 5 list from various Tanzanian car dealers.
1. Toyota IST
2. Toyota Noah
3. Toyota Probox
4. Toyota Premio
5. Toyota RAV4: Drivers looking for a compact SUV should take a closer look at the Toyota RAV4. Toyota has enjoyed a long-standing reputation for providing exceptional reliability. The RAV4 is also one of the best vehicles ever released on the market – which is one of the reasons many Tanzanians depend on it to keep their families safe.
The RAV4 also comes with the option for all-wheel drive. While this feature was originally intended for Western consumers living in snowy climates, Tanzanians can also use it when trying to cope with steep inclines in Arusha and other mountainous areas. As a small compact vehicle with a low drag coefficient, the RAV4 also gets great gas mileage.
The RAV4 is very low maintenance in comparison to most other vehicle models. This is especially important if you live in a remote area without reliable mechanics. You can learn how to handle most routine maintenance on your own or track down help online as needed.
Which Vehicle is Ideal for You?
There are a number of popular vehicles to choose from in Tanzania, and they all have their own benefits. So which car should you buy? Consider the various features of each vehicle and figure out which suits your needs. Here are some of the factors that you need to weigh:
- Reliability is important for everyone, but can be crucial if you are living in a remote part of the country or have a family. You will have limited access to a mechanic if you need maintenance, and may be more likely to encounter problems in difficult terrain. Toyotas are among the best for reliability, but Ford makes some great vehicles as well.
- Fuel efficiency poses a financial concern, especially for families on a tight budget and living in the mountains, as cars can burn through fuel quickly.
- Spaciousness is important for anyone traveling with larger families or intending to take longer trips. The Cherokee and Ford Figo are great options if you need a roomy vehicle.
- Aesthetics are probably the least important feature for most people, but are still something that you want to take into consideration.
Choosing the right car is an exciting but sometimes difficult process. Hopefully our insider tips and resources will make it easier to find the right vehicle for you.